Ground Support Leading Hand - Panama
Job no: 492247
Work type: Casual / Temp, Contract
Categories: Geotechnical, Mining
SRG is an Australian complex services company. We solve the challenging and difficult problems that others can’t. Our vision is to make the complex simple for our customers. We have people working across Australia and the world bringing our unique blend of innovation, precision, technical excellence and safety to every mining, civil and building project we touch.
We are looking for experienced Leading Hands to join us in Panama. The project works involves Drilling, Anchoring and Shotcreting to support an excavated slope within the mine.
The roster requirements are 8 - 10 weeks on 2 weeks off. The project duration is approx. 2 - 3 months remaining. Mine site accommodation, Visa and flights will be provided to the successful candidate.
In addition to working with a great team, the successful applicants will receive ongoing training in specialised ground support services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Hand spraying shotcrete in wet environments
- Drilling of ground anchor holes to various depths up to 20m
- Installing a variety of ground anchors
- Grouting and tensioning of anchors
- Operating grout pumps
- Implement testing where required/requested
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Australian or NZ passport
- Have experience working overseas in Panama or similar
- Speak or be willing to learn Spanish
- Driver’s license (Manual)
- Good communication and organisational skills, with an emphasis on team work
- Have a positive can do attitude
- A positive attitude towards safety, training & environment
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol assessment
If you would like to join our team please click the “apply” button now.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend